Phillies v. Blue Jays
Place: 4th in NL East
Last 10: 6-4
- The Phillies are 1-2 against the American League this season after going 7-13 in 2013.
- Philadelphia is 2-1 on Mondays so far this season.
- The Phillies are 10-3 when scoring four or more runs this season and just 5-10 when failing to do so.
- Philadelphia has gone 12-2 when leading after eight innings but are 0-10 when trailing heading into the ninth inning.
- The true sign of the Phillies success is their hits as they are 10-1 when outhitting an opponent but just 3-12 when getting outhit.
Place: 5th in AL East
Last 10: 3-7
- The Blue Jays have hit the ball well this season ranking sixth in slugging percentage (.420), seventh in runs (147) and ninth in on base percentage (.328).
- Toronto's downfall has been their pitching as they rank 26th in ERA (4.65) and 27th in WHIP (1.46).
- The Blue Jays bullpen has the second worst WHIP in the Majors at 1.56.
- Slugger Jose Bautista has reached base in all 31 Blue Jays games this season sitting just two games away from Joey Votto's streak of 33 games set in 2011.
- The Blue Jays are 7-8 on grass this season.
0-0, 4.15 ERA, 1.85 WHIP
Happ, 31, has not pitched in 11 days and has only thrown 4.1 innings this season, all out of the bullpen. In two career starts against the Phillies, Happ is 2-0 with a 2.19 ERA and a 1.22 WHIP. In 27 career games (17 starts) at Citizens Bank Park, he is 6-3 with a 4.33 ERA and a 1.48 WHIP with one complete game shutout.
0-2, 3.52 ERA, 1.40 WHIP
Kendrick, 29, allowed just two runs on 10 hits with a walk and two strikeouts in 5.2 innings of work getting the no decision on April 24th against the Dodgers. In three career starts against the Blue Jays, Kendrick is 0-1 with a 6.91 ERA and a 1.33 WHIP. In 100 career games (83 starts) at Citizens Bank Park, Kendrick is 33-31 with a 4.40 ERA and a 1.37 WHIP.