Phillies @ Blue Jays
Place: 5th in NL East
Last 10: 5-5
- The Phillies are 1-4 against the American League this season after going 7-13 in 2013.
- Cody Asche had himself a night going 4-for-4 with a double and a grand slam that tied the game in the sixth inning. He was a triple shy of the cycle.
- Marlon Byrd continued to hit the ball going 2-for-4 with two doubles.
- Carlos Ruiz went 2-for-5 with a double and a run scored.
- Ryan Howard drove in a run with his RBI single in the sixth going 1-for-5 with a run scored.
Place: 3rd in AL East
Last 10: 5-5
- Edwin Encarnacion went 2-for-5 with a monster home run in the second inning.
- Jose Bautista had a great game going 3-for-4 with a walk, a double and a run scored.
- Colby Rasmus was 1-for-4 with a two-run home run in the fourth inning.
- Juan Francisco beat up on the Phillies going 1-for-4 with two RBIs and two runs scored.
- In addition to pitching eight solid innings, Blue Jays starter Drew Hutchinson went 2-for-3 at the plate.
- The Blue Jays went 1-for-8 with runners in scoring position and left seven runners on base.
3-2, 3.00 ERA, 1.29 WHIP
Lee, 35, allowed two runs (one earned) on four hits with two walks and five strikeouts in seven innings against the Nationals on Friday getting the no-decision. In 11 career starts against the Blue Jays, Lee is 2-5 with a 4.46 ERA and a 1.43 WHIP. In seven career starts at Rogers Centre, he is 2-4 with a 4.85 ERA and a 1.45 WHIP.
5-1, 2.25 ERA, 1.25 WHIP
Buehrle, 35, allowed three runs (two earned) on seven hits with two walks and four strikeouts in 6.2 innings getting the win over the Royals. He has gotten the decision in all six of his starts. In eight career starts against the Phillies, Buehrle is 5-2 with a 3.95 ERA and a 1.24 WHIP. In 24 career starts at the Rogers Centre, he is 10-9 with a 3.41 ERA and a 1.32 WHIP.