Phillies @ Blue Jays
Place: 5th in NL East
Last 10: 4-6
- The Phillies are 1-5 against the American League this season after going 7-13 in 2013.
- Marlon Byrd paced the Phillies offense last night going 2-for-3 with a double.
- The only other Phillie to record a hit was Ben Revere who went 1-for-4.
- Mario Hollands allowed two runs with a walk and a strikeout without recording an out in the seventh.
- Shawn Camp allowed two runs on four hits in 1.2 innings of work.
- The Phillies went 0-for-5 with runners in scoring position and left five men on base.
Place: 3rd in AL East
Last 10: 6-4
- Erik Kratz started the Blue Jays big seventh inning with a two-run home run and went 2-for-4.
- Edwin Encarnacion went 2-for-4 with a three-run home run in the seventh and a triple.
- Steve Tolleson also had a big game at the plate going 3-for-4 with a double, a triple and a run scored.
- Juan Francisco also hit a two-run home run in the seventh inning.
- Toronto scored nine in the seventh to blow the game wide open.
2-1, 2.06 ERA, 1.21 WHIP
Burnett, 37, pitched well on Saturday allowing one run on three hits with two walks and seven strikeouts in six innings pitched getting the win over Washington. In 10 career starts against the Blue Jays, Burnett is 3-4 with a 5.64 ERA and a 1.47 WHIP. In 44 career games (43 starts) at the Rogers Centre, Burnett is 22-11 with a 4.12 ERA and a 1.33 WHIP.
2-3, 5.01 ERA, 1.48 WHIP
Dickey, 39, allowed three runs on five hits with four walks and three strikeouts in six innings of work getting the no-decision Saturday against the Pirates. In nine career starts against the Phillies Dickey is 3-4 with a 2.90 ERA and a 1.22 WHIP. In 27 career games (25 starts) at the Rogers Centre, Dickey is 12-9 with a 4.76 ERA and a 1.31 WHIP.