Phillies @ Mets
Place: 5th in NL East
Last 10: 4-6
- The Phillies have lost four consecutive games after taking two of three from the Nationals over the weekend. They were swept in a home-and-home with the Blue Jays marking the first since 1955 they were swept in consecutive series by the same opponent.
- Philadelphia has won nine of their last 13 games at Citi Field and they have outscored New York 68-46 in that span.
- The Phillies are 290-228 against National League East opponents over the last seven seasons, the best record in the division.
- The Mets have been a problem for the Phillies as they have lost five straight against New York dating back to August 29, 2013 marking the team's longest losing streak to the Mets since 2001. The Phillies haven't lost six straight games to the Mets since 1996.
- Philadelphia is 6-4 against the National League East this season and 2-3 overall on Friday nights in 2014.
Place: 4th in NL East
Last 10: 3-7
- The Mets have led in 27 of their 33 games this season and they have held a lead in 27 of the 29 games in which they have scored in 2014.
- New York has gone 8-5 over their last 13 home games after dropping the first three of the season.
- The Mets went 23.0 scoreless innings to end their series with the Marlins and were shutout in back-to-back games for the first time since 2010.
- New York is working the plate as they rank fourth in the National League in walks with 112.
- Running on the Mets has proved difficult in 2014 as they have only allowed seven stolen bases on the year, the fewest in the Majors.
2-1, 4.50 ERA, 1.41 WHIP
Hernandez, 33, threw 7.1 shutout innings allowing just four hits with three walks and three strikeouts in the Phillies 1-0 win over Washington on Sunday. The Phillies are 3-4 in his starts this season. Hernandez has faced the Mets once in his career striking out the only hitter he faced.
3-0, 5.23 ERA, 1.53 WHIP
Mejia, 24, got hit hard his last time out allowing eight runs on nine hits with two walks and three strikeouts in 4.1 innings of work but got the no-decision in the Mets 11-10 loss to the Rockies on Saturday. In four career games (one start) against the Phillies, Mejia is 0-1 with a 7.71 ERA and a 2.14 WHIP. In 23 caeer games (seven starts) at Citi Field, he is 3-2 with a 3.18 ERA and a 1.39 WHIP.