Phillies @ Mets
Place: 4th in NL East
Last 10: 4-6
- Philadelphia has won 10 of their last 14 games at Citi Field.
- The Phillies are 291-228 against National League East opponents over the last seven seasons, the best record in the division.
- Philadelphia is 7-4 against the National League East this season.
- Marlon Byrd went 1-for-4 with an RBI double in the 11th inning to plate the go-ahead run for the Phillies last night. Byrd also walked twice.
- Chase Utley had a solid night at the plate going 3-for-5 with two doubles while scoring all three Phillies runs and registering his first stolen base of the season.
- Domonic Brown had a good night going 2-for-5 with a walk, two RBIs and his fourth stolen base of the season.
Place: 4th in NL East
Last 10: 3-7
- The Mets have led in 28 of their 34 games this season and they have held a lead in 28 of the 30 games in which they have scored in 2014.
- New York has gone 8-6 over their last 14 home games after dropping the first three of the season.
- New York is working the plate as they rank fourth in the National League in walks with 117.
- Running on the Mets has proved difficult in 2014 as they only allowed seven stolen bases on the year, the fewest in the Majors, entering Friday night but three Phillies recorded steals on Friday.
- David Wright had a big night for the Mets going 2-for-4 with a double that plated the game-tying run in the eighth inning and two walks.
- Curtis Granderson had an RBI double in the first inning and went 1-for-5 with a walk overall.
- Daniel Murphy had a decent night going 1-for-4 with two walks and two runs scored.
0-3, 3.58 ERA, 1.41 WHIP
Kendrick, 29, allowed three runs on seven hits with three walks and four strikeouts in the Phillies 3-0 loss to the Blue Jays on Monday. In 22 career games (16 starts) against the Mets, Kendrick is 8-8 with a 3.43 ERA and a 1.44 WHIP. In eight career games (six starts) at Citi Field, he is 4-2 with a 2.89 ERA and a 1.21 WHIP.
3-1, 2.51 ERA, 1.05 WHIP
Gee, 28, threw six shutout innings allowing six hits with a walk and five strikeouts Sunday against the Rockies. Gee has not allowed a run in each of his last two starts. In 10 career games (nine starts) against the Phillies, Gee is 3-3 with a 7.46 ERA and a 1.66 WHIP. In 47 career games (45 starts) at Citi Field, he is 3-4 with a 3.17 ERA and a 1.22 WHIP.