Phillies @ Mets
Place: 4th in NL East
Last 10: 4-6
- Philadelphia has won 11 of their last 15 games at Citi Field.
- The Phillies are 292-228 against National League East opponents over the last seven seasons, the best record in the division.
- Philadelphia is 8-4 against the National League East this season.
- Ryan Howard had a monster game going 4-for-5 with a double and an RBI last night.
- Jimmy Rollins put forth one of his best efforts of the season going 3-for-4 with a walk, a home run and four runs scored.
- Chase Utley played well going 2-for-3 with a double and two RBIs.
Place: 5th in NL East
Last 10: 2-8
- The Mets have led in 29 of their 35 games this season and they have held a lead in 29 of the 31 games in which they have scored in 2014.
- New York has gone 8-7 over their last 15 home games after dropping the first three of the season.
- David Wright continued to feast on Phillies pitching going 3-for-5 with a double, a home run and three RBIs.
- Daniel Murphy had a strong game going 1-for-4 with two runs scored and his seventh stolen base of the season.
- Juan Lagares went 1-for-3 with a walk and a run scored.
0-2, 7.02 ERA, 1.86 WHIP
Hamels, 30, allowed five runs on 10 hits with a walk and six strikeouts on Tuesday against the Blue Jays earning the no-decision. He has allowed five or more runs in two of this three starts this season. In 27 career starts against the Mets, Hamels is 7-14 with a 4.65 ERA and a 1.50 WHIP. In 13 career starts at Citi Field, he is 4-5 with a 4.19 ERA and a 1.42 WHIP.
2-2, 1.82 ERA, 1.01 WHIP
Niese, 27, threw seven shutout innings allowing five hits with a walk and six strikeouts Monday against the Marlins getting the no-decision. In 16 career starts against the Phillies, Niese is 7-6 with a 3.00 ERA and a 1.18 WHIP with a a complete game shutout. In 65 career starts at Citi Field, he is 19-25 with a 3.59 ERA and a 1.33 WHIP with two complete game shutouts.