Phillies v. Angels
Place: 4th in NL East
Last 10: 4-6
- The Phillies are 1-6 against American League opponents this season after going 7-13 in 2013.
- Philadelphia is just 1-4 on Tuesday nights and just 8-16 on weekdays.
- Despite the loss on Sunday, the Phillies are still a strong late-inning team going 12-3 when leading after eight innings.
- Philadelphia has not had many comebacks as they are 0-13 when trailing after eight innings and just 1-12 when trailing after seven innings.
- Jimmy Rollins is just 25 hits away from breaking the Phillies all-time hits record and 15 games away from 2,000 in his career.
Place: 3rd in AL West
Last 10: 5-5
- The Angels won't play an interleague series again until August 5th.
- Tonight marks Millville, NJ-native Mike Trout's first game against his hometown Phillies.
- The Angels won swept the Phillies in their only other visit to Citizens Bank Park in 2008.
- Overall the Angels have won five of their last six games against the Phillies.
- Los Angeles is strong when leading late in games boasting a 16-2 record when leading after eight innings but just 1-13 when trailing through eight.
0-1, 4.05 ERA, 1.20 WHIP
Shoemaker, 27, is making his first start of the season and just the second start of his Major League career. He has appeared in three games out of the bullpen the last of which coming on April 12th against the Mets. Shoemaker allowed one run on three hits with two walks and two strikeouts getting the loss. He has never faced the Phillies.
3-3, 3.64 ERA, 1.29 WHIP
Lee, 35, was pitching well until the seventh inning last Wednesday. He allowed six runs on seven hits with a walk and six strikeouts in 6.1 innings of work against the Blue Jays getting the loss. In 12 career starts against the Angels, Lee is 7-4 with a 2.95 ERA and a 1.04 WHIP. In 55 career starts at Citizens Bank Park, he is 23-18 with a 2.77 ERA and a 1.05 WHIP.