Phillies v. Angels
Place: 5th in NL East
Last 10: 4-6
- The Phillies are 1-7 against American League opponents this season after going 7-13 in 2013.
- Philadelphia is 0-5 on Wednesdays and just 8-17 on weekdays altogether.
- Chase Utley went 1-for-3 with an RBI triple and a run scored.
- Dom Brown has a decent game for the Phillies going 1-for-3 with a double and a run scored while seeing a team-high 23 pitches at the plate.
- Ryan Howard went 1-for-3 with an RBI single and a walk.
- Cody Asche had a miserable night going 0-for-3 at the plate seeing just seven pitches and committing three errors in the field.
Place: 2nd in AL West
Last 10: 6-4
- The Angels won swept the Phillies in their only other visit to Citizens Bank Park in 2008.
- Overall the Angels have won six of their last seven games against the Phillies.
- Los Angeles is strong when leading late in games boasting a 17-2 record when leading after eight innings but just 1-13 when trailing through eight.
- Collin Cowgill had a strong game for the Angels going 2-for-4 with a double, a walk and a run scored.
- Mike Trout went 1-for-5 in his debut in front of his hometown fans.
- Luis Jimenez broke a 2-2 tie in the sixth inning with his two-run double. He went 1-for-4 on the night.
3-0, 2.80 ERA, 1.11 WHIP
Richards, 25, allowed two runs on five hits with two walks and six strikeouts on Friday against the Blue Jays getting the no-decision but the Angels went on to win 4-3. Los Angeles has no won three of Richards last four starts and he has allowed more than two earned runs just twice all season. Richards has never faced the Phillies.
2-2, 2.90 ERA, 1.29 WHIP
Burnett, 37, got rocked on Thursday allowing seven runs (six earned) on nine hits with two walks and four strikeouts in six innings of work against the Blue Jays getting the loss. In eight career starts against the Angels, Burnett is 2-2 with a 4.75 ERA and a 1.42 WHIP. In 11 games (10 starts) at Citizens Bank Park, he is 4-3 with a 3.79 ERA and a 1.30 WHIP.