Phillies @ Marlins
Place: 4th in NL East
Last 10: 4-6
- The Phillies are 1-5 on Tuesdays and just 8-19 on weekdays altogether.
- Philadelphia have been good when leading or tied late in the game. The Phillies are 13-3 when leading after eight innings and 5-2 when tied through eight.
- They have no shown the ability to come back late in games that became their signature over the last seven seasons. The 2014 Phillies are 0-16 when trailing after eight innings.
- Jimmy Rollins is 22 hits shy of breaking the Phillies all-time hit record.
- Jonathan Papelbon is three saves away from 300 in his career.
Place: 3rd in NL East
Last 10: 3-7
- The Marlins went 4-5 against the Phillies at Marlins Park in 2013. The Marlins lead the overall series 87-83 in Miami.
- Miami is 152-191 overall against the Phillies all-time.
- The Marlins are 17-5 this season at Marlins Park, the best home record in the Majors.
- Miami has the second best batting average at home this season (.296) trailing only the Colorado Rockies (.352).
- Casey McGehee is tearing the cover off the ball at home this season batting .366/.436/.488 with eight doubles, his only triple and 21 of his 28 RBIs on the season.
2-3, 3.13 ERA, 1.39 WHIP
Burnett, 37, allowed three runs on seven hits with five walks and six strikeouts in five innings of work against the Angels last Wednesday getting the loss. In three career starts against the Marlins, Burnett is 1-1 with a 1.96 ERA and a 1.53 WHIP. He has never pitched at Marlins Park.
1-0, 3.00 ERA, 1.33 WHIP
DeSclafani, 24, made his Major League debut last Wednesday against the Los Angeles Dodgers in Los Angeles. The right-hander allowed two runs on seven hits with one walk and seven strikeouts over six innings of work earning the win.