Phillies @ Marlins
Place: 4th in NL East
Last 10: 5-5
- The Phillies are 0-6 on Wednesdays and just 9-19 on weekdays altogether.
- Philadelphia have been good when leading or tied late in the game. The Phillies are 14-3 when leading after eight innings and 5-2 when tied through eight.
- They have no shown the ability to come back late in games that became their signature over the last seven seasons. The 2014 Phillies are 0-16 when trailing after eight innings.
- Jimmy Rollins is 20 hits shy of breaking the Phillies all-time hit record.
- Jonathan Papelbon is two saves away from 300 in his career.
- Jimmy Rollins went 2-for-4 with a two-run home run and two runs scored on the night.
- Ryan Howard drove in a run with his sixth double of the season and went 1-for-4 on the night.
- Chase Utley hit his team-leading 18th double of the season going 1-for-4 with a run scored.
- Marlon Byrd had a strong night going 1-for-5 with an RBI double and a run scored.
Place: 3rd in NL East
Last 10: 3-7
- The Marlins went 4-5 against the Phillies at Marlins Park in 2013. The Marlins lead the overall series 87-84 in Miami.
- Miami is 152-192 overall against the Phillies all-time.
- The Marlins are 17-6 this season at Marlins Park, the best home record in the Majors.
- Garrett Jones had a big night for the Marlins going 4-for-5 with two doubles and two RBIs.
- Casey McGehee went 1-for-3 with two walks, an RBI and a run scored.
- Jarrod Saltalamacchia had the only other Marlins hit going 1-for-4 with a walk and an RBI.
- Marcell Ozuna walked in the game-tying run in the first inning.
0-4, 3.96 ERA, 1.28 WHIP
Kendrick, 29, allowed three runs on four hits with a walk and five strikeouts Friday against the Reds but got the loss. In 22 career games (17 starts), Kendrick is 12-2 with a 3.45 ERA and a 1.27 WHIP. The most wins against any one opponent. In one career start at Marlins Park, he threw seven shutout innings allowing five hits and striking out six.
2-2, 3.62 ERA, 1.23 WHIP
Eovaldi, 24, allowed six runs on nine hits with two walks and two strikeouts in 4.1 innings pitched in a 6-4 loss to the San Francisco Giants on Thursday. In seven career starts against the Phillies, Eovaldi is 1-4 with a 4.38 ERA and a 1.44 WHIP. In 20 career starts at Marlins Park, he is 5-9 with a 3.27 ERA and a 1.24 WHIP.