Phillies @ Marlins
Place: 4th in NL East
Last 10: 4-6
- The Phillies are 2-2 on Thursdays and just 9-20 on weekdays altogether.
- Philadelphia have been good when leading or tied late in the game. The Phillies are 14-3 when leading after eight innings and 5-2 when tied through eight.
- They have no shown the ability to come back late in games that became their signature over the last seven seasons. The 2014 Phillies are 0-17 when trailing after eight innings.
- Jimmy Rollins is 17 hits shy of breaking the Phillies all-time hit record.
- Jonathan Papelbon is two saves away from 300 in his career.
- Rollins had another good game at the plate going 2-for-4 with a double pulling him into a tie with Richie Ashburn for second on the Phillies all-time hit list with 2,217.
- Domonic Brown went 1-for-4 with a two-run home run, his third of the season.
- Marlon Byrd continued to swing a good stick going 2-for-3 with a walk, an RBI and a run scored.
Place: 3rd in NL East
Last 10: 3-7
- The Marlins went 4-5 against the Phillies at Marlins Park in 2013. The Marlins lead the overall series 87-83 in Miami.
- Miami is 152-191 overall against the Phillies all-time.
- The Marlins are 17-5 this season at Marlins Park, the best home record in the Majors.
- Marcell Ozuna continued to feast on Phillies pitching going 2-for-4 with a grand slam, five RBIs and two runs scored.
- Christian Yelich had a strong with with three hits including a triple to go along with a run scored and two RBIs.
- Garrett Jones went 2-for-3 with a walk, two RBIs and three runs scored.
- Derek Dietrich had a solid night going 2-for-4 with a walk, a double, a triple and three runs scored.
1-2, 4.40 ERA, 1.50 WHIP
Hamels, 30, won his 100th career game on Saturday against the Reds allowing one run on three hits with two walks and 10 strikeouts in seven innings pitched. In 29 career starts against the Marlins, Hamels is 9-12 with a 3.16 ERA and a 1.09 WHIP. In six career starts at Marlins Park, he is 2-2 with a 1.98 ERA and a 1.07 WHIP.
2-3, 3.62 ERA, 1.43 WHIP
Alvarez, 24, allowed five runs (four earned) on 10 hits with four strikeouts on six innings pitched against the Giants on Friday earning the no-decision. In two career starts against the Phillies, Alvarez is 0-1 with a 3.46 ERA and a 1.77 WHIP. In 13 career starts at Marlins Park, he is 5-6 with a 3.28 ERA and a 1.12 WHIP.