Phillies v. Padres
Place: 5th in NL East
Last 10: 2-8
- Philadelphia is 1-29 when trailing after eight innings this season.
- However, they've done a good job of holding on to late leads going 18-3 when leading after eight innings.
- The Phillies are currently in the midst of playing 41 games in 41 days.
- Philadelphia has lost eight of their last nine games.
Place: 4th in NL West
Last 10: 4-6
- The Padres have been shutout out in two of their last three games.
- Carlos Quentin is 0-for-20 over his last eight games but has had career success off A.J. Burnett going 6-for-16.
- Pitchers have a 2.75 ERA when throwing to Rene Rivera behind the plate.
- Will Venable is 5-for-13 lifetime off of Burnett with a home run and a double.
5-6, 3.39 ERA, 1.13 WHIP
Kennedy, 29, allowed two runs on five hits with a walk and seven strikeouts in six innings getting the win over the Pirates on Wednesday. In five career starts against the Phillies, Kennedy is 2-1 with a 2.45 ERA and a 1.00 WHIP. In two career starts at Citizens Bank Park, he is 1-1 with a 5.00 ERA and a 1.78 WHIP.
3-5, 4.41 ERA, 1.51 WHIP
Burnett, 37, allowed eight runs on 10 hits with four walks and three strikeouts over six innings in the loss on Wednesday to the Nationals. In nine career starts against the Padres, Burnett is 2-6 with a 4.25 ERA and a 1.58 WHIP. In 14 career games (13 starts) at Citizens Bank Park, he is 4-5 with a 4.25 ERA and a 1.43 WHIP.