Phillies v. Cubs
Place: 4th in NL East
Last 10: 4-6
- Jimmy Rollins is one hit away from breaking Mike Schmidt's franchise record for most hits. Rollins has hit safely in eight consecutive games.
- Philadelphia is 1-30 when trailing after eight innings this season.
- However, they've done a good job of holding on to late leads going 20-3 when leading after eight innings.
- The Phillies are currently in the midst of playing 41 games in 41 days.
- Since 2002, Philadelphia is 50-30 against the Cubs with a 9-0-3 series record at home. The Phillies have not lost a home series to the Cubs since April 6-8, 2001.
Place: 5th in NL Central
Last 10: 6-4
- The Cubs starters have turned in 33 quality starts this season but the team is only 17-16 in those games and the starters have 12 no-decisions.
- The Cubs are 20-11 when scoring first but need more than just a single run as they are 5-11 in one-run games.
- Chicago allows a lot of runs as evident by the fact they are 6-31 when failing to score four runs.
- The Cubs are strong late in games as they are 26-3 when leading heading into the ninth inning.
- However, when they are down they are typically buried as they are 0-33 when trailing after eight innings.
4-6, 4.70 ERA, 1.46 WHIP
Jackson, 30, allowed four runs on seven hits with two walks and eight strikeouts in six innings on Monday losing tot he Pirates. In six career starts against the Phillies, Jackson is 1-5 with a 5.60 ERA and a 1.67 WHIP. In four career starts at Citizens Bank Park, he is 0-4 with a 7.04 ERA and a 1.74 WHIP.
1-3, 6.08 ERA, 1.35 WHIP
Buchanan, 25, allowed four runs on six hits with no walks and six strikeouts in six innings on Sunday losing to the Reds. Buchanan has never faced the Cubs in his career. In two career starts at Citizens Bank Park, Buchanan is 1-1 with a 3.86 ERA and a 1.20 WHIP.