Phillies @ Braves
Place: 5th in NL East
Last 10: 5-5
- Philadelphia is 1-31 when trailing after eight innings this season.
- However, they've done a good job of holding on to late leads going 21-3 when leading after eight innings.
- The Phillies are currently in the midst of playing 41 games in 41 days.
- Since 2012, the Phillies are 15-25 in their last 40 games to the Braves getting outscored 193-142.
- Tony Gwynn Jr. was placed on the bereavement list following the passing of his father, former Padres outfielder and MLB Hall of Famer Tony Gwynn Sr. Outfielder Aaron Altherr was recalled from Double-A Reading.
- The Phillies are 3-3 on Mondays this season and 5-9 in the month of June.
- Philadelphia pitchers have not fared well away from Citizens Bank Park posting a 5.06 ERA in 30 road games and no-so-coincidentally the Phillies are 13-17 in road games.
Place: 1st in NL East
Last 10: 5-5
- The Braves have beaten the Phillies in five of their last six home games and in 11 of their last 16.
- Evan Gattis boasts the National League's longest active hitting streak at 15 games in which he has going 25-for-60 (.417) over that span. His 15 home runs lead all catchers.
- Jayson Heyward has reached base safely in 31 of his last 34 games.
- The Braves are in the middle of a busy part of their schedule as well as they are slated to play 39 games in 41 days leading up to the All-Star break.
- After going 28-44 from 2008-11 against the Phillies, Atlanta has going 25-15 against Philadelphia since 2012.
- Atlanta leads the majors in quality starts with 47 in 68 games (69.1%).
2-3, 3.07 ERA, 1.22 WHIP
Hamels, 30, threw eight shutout innings allowing five hits with a walk and 11 strikeouts getting the no-decision against the Padres on Wednesday. In 31 career games (30 starts) against the Braves, Hamels is 14-8 with a 3.54 ERA and a 1.16 WHIP. In 17 career games (16 starts) at Turner Field, he is 6-5 with a 4.13 ERA and a 1.31 WHIP.
6-4, 2.41 ERA, 0.97 WHIP
Teheran, 23, allowed seven runs on 10 hits with five strikeouts in 6.1 innings of work in Wednesday's loss to the Rockies. In five career games (four starts) against the Phillies, Teheran is 2-2 with a 3.90 ERA and a 0.87 WHIP. In 26 career games (24 starts) at Turner Field, he is 10-5 with a 2.78 ERA and a 1.05 WHIP.