Phillies v. Brewers
Place: 4th in NL East
Last 10: 3-3
- The Phillies enter the game with seven home runs and averaging 5.2 runs per game in six games so far this season.
- Chase Utley is one RBI away from tying Bobby Abreu (814) for 10th all-time in RBIs with the Phillies.
- The Phillies bullpen threw 2.1 shutout innings on Sunday against the Cubs.
- Ben Revere went 1-for-4 with two runs scored and his team-leading fourth stolen base of the year.
- The Phillies went 1-for-15 with runners in scoring position and left 10 runners left on base.
Place: 1st in NL Central
Last 10: 4-2
- The Brewers have started the season well because of strong pitching. Their starters have not allowed more than three earned runs yet this year.
- Milwaukee's starting rotation has posted a combined ERA of just 1.65 through the team's first six games.
- The Brewers have scored first in five of their first six games going 4-1 when getting the lead.
- Ironically Milwaukee is 2-1 when hitting a home run and 2-1 when not going deep.
0-1, 3.86 ERA, 1.00 WHIP
Lohse, 35, allowed three runs on five hits with two walks and eight strikeouts over seven innings in a 5-2 loss to the Braves last Tuesday. In 13 career starts against the Phillies, Lohse is 4-4 with a 2.98 ERA and a 1.14 WHIP. In 11 career games (10 starts) at Citizens Bank Park, Lohse is 3-1 with a 3.26 ERA and a 1.29 WHIP.
0-0, 1.29 ERA, 0.86 WHIP
Kendrick, 29, threw a gem last Wednesday allowing one run on five hits with a walk and four strikeouts over seven innings pitched getting a no-decision. In eight career games (five starts) against the Brewers, Kendrick is 1-4 with a 3.58 ERA and a 1.35 WHIP. In 98 career games (81 starts) at Citizens Bank Park, he is 33-30 with a 4.39 ERA and a 1.35 WHIP.