Phillies v. Brewers
Place: 4th in NL East
Last 10: 3-4
- The Phillies will be without Chase Utley for the second consecutive game due to the flu but he will be available to pinch-hit.
- Ben Revere went 2-for-5 with a triple and two runs scored in the home opener.
- Jimmy Rollins went 2-for-4 with a double, a walk and two RBIs.
- Cody Asche went 1-for-3 with a walk and an RBI.
- Every Phillies fielder was on base with every one recording a hit except Carlos Ruiz who walked and scored a run.
Place: 1st in NL Central
Last 10: 4-2
- Ryan Braun feed off the Philadelphia boos yesterday and went 3-for-5 with three home runs and seven RBIs.
- Jean Segura went 2-for-3 two runs scored.
- Carlos Gomez went 2-for-6 with a double and two runs scored.
- Jonathan Lucroy went 3-for-4 with two runs scored.
- The Brewers went 4-for-13 with runners in scoring position leaving nine runners on base.
0-1, 1.13 ERA, 0.38 WHIP
Garza, 30, carried a no-hitter into the seventh inning last Wednesday in his Brewers debut. He allowed one run on two hits with a walk and seven strikeouts in eight innings of work but got the loss. In five career starts against the Phillies, Garza is 2-1 with a 1.30 ERA and a 0.92 WHIP. In two starts at Citizens Bank Park, he is 1-1 with a 0.69 ERA and a 0.77 WHIP.
1-0, 3.38 ERA, 0.75 WHIP
Hernandez, 33, pitched very well in his Phillies debut allowing two runs on three hits with a walk and five strikeouts in 5.1 innings pitched. He only threw 73 pitches in the win. Hernandez has thrown one inning in his career against the Brewers with a walk and a strikeout. In one career start at Citizens Bank Park, Hernandez is 0-1 allowing seven runs (five earned) on nine hits in four innings of work.