Phillies v. Marlins
Place: 5th in NL East
Last 10: 3-6
- The Phillies have not started 0-4 at home in seven years.
- Chase Utley returned after missing the last two games due to the flu going 2-for-4 last night against the Brewers.
- Marlon Byrd was the only Phillie to register an extra base hit going 2-for-4 with a solo home run in the second inning and an infield single in the sixth.
- Jimmy Rollins went 1-for-3 with a walk and a run scored.
- Carlos Ruiz had the only other Phillies hit as he went 1-for-4.
- The Phillies went 1-for-3 with runners in scoring position and left six on base, including leaving the bases loaded in the sixth inning.
Place: 3rd in NL East
Last 10: 5-5
- The Marlins have not won since Fernandez last started on Saturday against the Padres.
- During their four-game losing streak, the Marlins have been outscored 26-10 while batting just .200.
- Miami has lost 10 of their last 13 games in Philadelphia.
- Marcell Ozuna is batting .333/.385/.556 with two home runs and four RBIs this season but is batting .375/.419/.600 with a home run and six RBIs in 10 career games against the Phillies.
- Of Giancarlo Stanton's last five hits at Citizens Bank Park, two of them have been home runs.
2-0, 0.71 ERA, 0.79 WHIP
Fernandez, 21, has been nearly unhittable this season allowing just one run in 12.2 innings pitched this season. He threw 6.2 scoreless innings last Friday against the Padres allowing just three hits with two walks and eight strikeouts. In three career starts against the Phillies, Fernandez is 1-0 with a 0.50 ERA and a 0.67 WHIP allowing just one run on eight hits in 18 innings pitched.
0-1, 3.86 ERA, 1.71 WHIP
Burnett, 37, got rocked on Sunday allowing eight runs (four earned) on five hits with six walks and three strikeouts over 5.2 innings. In two career starts against the Marlins, Burnett 1-1 with a 1.29 ERA and a 1.21 WHIP. In eight career games (seven starts) at Citizens Bank Park, he is 3-3 with a 4.71 ERA and a 1.33 WHIP.