Phillies @ Braves
Place: 4th in NL East
Last 10: 6-4
- Philadelphia is 1-31 when trailing after eight innings this season.
- However, they've done a good job of holding on to late leads going 23-3 when leading after eight innings.
- The Phillies are currently in the midst of playing 41 games in 41 days.
- Since 2012, the Phillies are 17-25 in their last 42 games to the Braves getting outscored 196-154.
- Jimmy Rollins extended his hit streak to 12 games going 1-for-4 with a double and a run scored.
- Ryan Howard got the Phillies on the board with his two-run home run in the first. He was 1-for-3 with his home run and two walks on the night.
- Carlos Ruiz had a good game in the two-hole going 2-for-5 with a double.
- Reid Brignac continued to swing a hot bat going 2-for-5 with a double and a run scored.
- Cesar Hernandez filled in nicely for Chase Utley picking up two hits including his RBI single in the fourth inning.
- Jonathan Papelbon bounced back from his second blown save of the year and his first blown save since April 5th with a 1-2-3 ninth inning.
Place: 1st in NL East
Last 10: 4-6
- The Braves have beaten the Phillies in five of their last eight home games and in 11 of their last 18.
- Evan Gattis boasts the National League's longest active hitting streak at 16 games in which he has going 26-for-64 (.406) over that span. His 15 home runs lead all catchers.
- Jayson Heyward has reached base safely in 33 of his last 36 games. He went 2-for-4 with a double and an RBI single in the fifth inning.
- The Braves are in the middle of a busy part of their schedule as well as they are slated to play 39 games in 41 days leading up to the All-Star break.
- After going 28-44 from 2008-11 against the Phillies, Atlanta has going 25-17 against Philadelphia since 2012.
- Atlanta leads the majors in quality starts with 48 in 70 games (68.5%).
- Chris Johnson held his own at the plate going 1-for-4 with a double and a run scored.
- Freddie Freeman had the only other extra-base hit for the Braves going 1-for-4 with a double.
- Andrelton Simmons and B.J. Upton also added hits for Atlanta.
2-5, 4.26 ERA 1.29 WHIP
Hernandez, 33, allowed two runs on three hits with two walks and five strikeouts on Friday before getting thrown out of the game after 5.2 innings getting the loss against the Cubs. In two carer starts against the Braves, Hernandez is 1-0 with a 2.77 ERA and a 1.31 WHIP. He has never pitched at Turner Field.
5-5, 3.20 ERA, 1.27 WHIP
Harang, 36, allowed one run on four hits with three walks and two strikeouts in six innings getting the win Friday against the Angels. In 13 career games (12 starts) against the Phillies, Harang is 4-2 with a 4.85 ERA and a 1.52 WHIP. In 13 career starts at Turner Field, he is 4-3 with a 2.98 ERA and a 1.36 WHIP.