Phillies @ Cardinals
Place: 4th in NL East
Last 10: 7-3
- Philadelphia is 1-31 when trailing after eight innings this season.
- However, they've done a good job of holding on to late leads going 24-3 when leading after eight innings.
- The Phillies are currently in the midst of playing 41 games in 41 days.
- Philadelphia is just 3-6-7 over their last 16 four-game series.
- The Phillies are 3-5 on Thursdays this season.
- Jimmy Rollins has registered one hit in each of his last 12 games, his longest hitting streak since 2009.
- Chase Utley is just 11 hits shy of 1,500 for his career.
Place: 2nd in NL Central
Last 10: 8-2
- St. Louis has not allowed more than two runs in each of their last six games.
- The Cardinals have won each of their last four games against the Phillies in St. Louis.
- St. Louis has won eight of their last 10 games.
- The Cardinals pitchers have been their workhorses. They ranked third in the majors in in ERA at 3.18 and second in WHIP at 1.17.
- St. Louis is 9-6 in the month of June and 4-3 on Thursdays this season.
2-3, 5.97 ERA, 1.36 WHIP
Buchanan, 25, allowed three runs on six hits with a walk and five strikeouts in five innings in Saturday's win against the Cubs. He has earned the decision in each of his five Major League starts this season. Buchanan has never pitched against the Cardinals.
7-5, 3.42 ERA, 1.30 WHIP
Miller, 23, allowed one run on four hits with four walks and seven strikeouts in 6.2 innings of work Saturday against the Nationals. In one career start against the Phillies, Miller threw six scoreless innings allowing just three hits with six strikeouts. In 25 games (24 starts) at Busch Stadium, Miller is 13-6 with a 2.25 ERA and a 1.07 WHIP.