Phillies v. Marlins
Place: 4th in NL East
Last 10: 6-4
- Philadelphia is 1-33 when trailing after eight innings this season.
- However, they've done a good job of holding on to late leads going 26-3 when leading after eight innings.
- The Phillies are currently in the midst of playing 41 games in 41 days.
- Philadelphia is 23-11 in their last 34 games against the Marlins and 8-2-1 in their last 11 series against Miami.
- The Phillies have won eight of their last nine games against the Marlins at Citizens Bank Park.
- Philadelphia has not had an error in 10 games marking the second time in franchise history they have had two streaks of 10 or more errorless games in the same season.
Place: 3rd in NL East
Last 10: 3-7
- The Marlins are 154-192 all-time against the Phillies and 39-57 all-time at Citizens Bank Park.
- Back in April, the Marlins were swept in a three-game series at Citizens Bank Park.
- Miami boasts the second longest errorless streak in the majors at nine games, trailing only the Phillies' 10-game streak.
- The Marlins have gone 9-5 over their last 14 road games which is an improvement on their 3-15 start to the season.
- Miami won just three games on their recent 10-game homestand.
- The Marlins are 8-10 all-time on June 23rd.
4-3, 3.76 ERA, 1.22 WHIP
Eovaldi, 24, allowed five runs on nine hits with two strikeouts in a 6-1 loss to the Cubs on Wednesday. In eight career starts against the Phillies, Eovaldi is 2-4 with a 4.00 ERA and a 1.49 WHIP. In three career starts at Citizens Bank Park, Eovaldi is 0-1 with a 6.46 ERA and a 1.63
3-5, 4.32 ERA, 1.55 WHIP
Hernandez, 33, allowed five runs on eight hits with five walks and two strikeouts getting the win over the Braves last Wednesday. In two career starts against the Marlins, Hernandez is 1-1 with a 1.72 ERA and a 0.51 WHIP. In 10 games (eight starts) at Citizens Bank Park, he is 1-4 with a 3.86 ERA and a 1.50 WHIP.