Phillies v. Marlins
Place: 5th in NL East
Last 10: 6-4
- Philadelphia is 1-34 when trailing after eight innings this season.
- However, they've done a good job of holding on to late leads going 26-3 when leading after eight innings.
- The Phillies are currently in the midst of playing 41 games in 41 days.
- Philadelphia is 23-12 in their last 35 games against the Marlins and 8-2-1 in their last 11 series against Miami.
- The Phillies have won eight of their last 10 games against the Marlins at Citizens Bank Park.
- Cody Asche continued to swing a hot bat tonight going 3-for-3 with his 10th double of the season.
- Jimmy Rollins and Ryan Howard were the only other Phillies to collect hits as both went 1-for-4 with a single.
Place: 3rd in NL East
Last 10: 4-6
- The Marlins are 155-192 all-time against the Phillies and 40-57 all-time at Citizens Bank Park.
- Back in April, the Marlins were swept in a three-game series at Citizens Bank Park.
- Miami boasts the longest errorless streak in the majors at 10 games.
- The Marlins have gone 10-5 over their last 15 road games which is an improvement on their 3-15 start to the season.
- Miami won just three games on their recent 10-game homestand.
- Casey McGehee had a strong night at the plate going 2-for-5 with a double and two RBIs in the first inning.
- Derek Dietrich put together a two-hit night going 2-for-5 including an RBI single in the ninth inning and a run scored.
- Giancarlo Stanton went 1-for-2 at the plate with a walk, a hit by pitch and a run scored.
- Ed Lucas was the only other Marlins starter to record a hit going 1-for-3 with a run scored.
0-1, 1.50 ERA, 0.83 WHIP
Heaney, 23, made his Major League debut Thursday against the Mets allowing one run on four hits with a walk and three strikeouts in six innings of work getting the loss. Tonight is Heaney's first road start of his Major League career.
3-3, 4.95 ERA, 1.21 WHIP
Buchanan, 25, was masterful in his start last Thursday against the Cardinals allowing one run on four hits with a walk and four strikeouts in 7.2 innings of work. Tonight is Buchanan's first career start against the Marlins. In three career starts at Citizens Bank Park, he is 2-1 with a 4.32 ERA and a 1.26 WHIP.