Phillies v. Marlins
Place: 5th in NL East
Last 10: 6-4
- Philadelphia is 1-34 when trailing after eight innings this season.
- However, they've done a good job of holding on to late leads going 26-3 when leading after eight innings.
- The Phillies are currently in the midst of playing 41 games in 41 days.
- Philadelphia is 24-12 in their last 36 games against the Marlins and 8-2-1 in their last 11 series against Miami.
- The Phillies have won nine of their last 11 games against the Marlins at Citizens Bank Park.
- Jimmy Rollins had a great game going 2-for-2 with a walk, a run scored and two stolen bases.
- Cody Asche put up another extra-base hit going 1-for-4 with a double, two RBIs and a run scored.
- Marlon Byrd had a good night at the plate going 1-for-4 with a two-run home run in the first inning and two runs scored.
- Ben Revere hit his fourth triple of the season and scored a run.
- Chase Utley had a strong night at the plate going 1-for-3 with a walk, a run scored and a stolen base. Unfortunately he recorded an error for the second straight game.
Place: 3rd in NL East
Last 10: 4-6
- The Marlins are 155-193 all-time against the Phillies and 40-58 all-time at Citizens Bank Park.
- Back in April, the Marlins were swept in a three-game series at Citizens Bank Park.
- The Marlins have gone 10-6 over their last 16 road games which is an improvement on their 3-15 start to the season.
- Miami won just three games on their recent 10-game homestand.
- Giancarlo Stanton paced the Marlins going 3-for-5 with two doubles.
- Garrett Jones had a good night going 2-for-4 with his 10th home run of the year and two RBIs.
- Jarrod Saltalamacchia was on base all four times he stepped to the plate tonight going 2-for-2 with two walks and a run scored.
- Casey McGehee drove in another run tonight with a sac fly and went 1-for-4 at the plate.
4-3, 2.39 ERA, 1.27 WHIP
Alvarez, 24, threw 6.1 shutout innings allowing just seven hits and striking out five getting the win over the Mets on Friday. In three career games against the Phillies, Alvarez is 1-0 with a 2.25 ERA and a 0.90 WHIP. In one career start at Citizens Bank Park, he allowed three runs on 12 hits in six innings of work getting the no-decision.
5-6, 3.86 ERA, 1.36 WHIP
Burnett, 37, allowed one run on seven hits with a walk and three strikeouts in a complete game victory over the Cardinals on Friday. In four career starts against the Marlins, Burnett is 2-1 with a 2.70 ERA and a 1.50 WHIP. In 16 career games (15 starts) at Citizens Bank Park, he is 5-6 with a 4.04 ERA and a 1.34 WHIP.