Phillies v. Marlins
Place: 5th in NL East
Last 10: 6-4
- Philadelphia is 1-35 when trailing after eight innings this season.
- However, they've done a good job of holding on to late leads going 26-3 when leading after eight innings.
- The Phillies are currently in the midst of playing 41 games in 41 days.
- Philadelphia is 24-13 in their last 37 games against the Marlins and 8-2-1 in their last 11 series against Miami.
- The Phillies have won nine of their last 12 games against the Marlins at Citizens Bank Park.
- Marlon Byrd paced the Phillies offense last night with three hits going 3-for-4 with a run scored.
- Jimmy Rollins had a good game going 2-for-5 with a double.
- Chase Utley went 0-for-3 but drove home the Phillies first run of the game in the fifth inning with his sacrifice fly to deep center field with the bases loaded that scored Ben Revere.
- Domonic Brown drove in a run with his RBI single in the sixth inning.
- Brown made a crucial mistake in the fourth inning misjudging a ball in left field with two outs that allowed a run to score. Two more runs would score in the inning and that's all the Marlins would need.
Place: 3rd in NL East
Last 10: 4-6
- The Marlins are 156-193 all-time against the Phillies and 41-58 all-time at Citizens Bank Park.
- Back in April, the Marlins were swept in a three-game series at Citizens Bank Park.
- The Marlins have gone 11-6 over their last 17 road games which is an improvement on their 3-15 start to the season.
- Miami won just three games on their recent 10-game homestand.
- Marcell Ozuna continued to torch Phillies pitching going 2-for-4 with a double, an RBI and a run scored.
- Jarrod Saltalamacchia put a good swing on a ball with an RBI double that scored two runs in the fourth inning to make it a 3-0 lead for the Marlins.
- Giancarlo Stanton had another decent game going 1-for-4 with a run scored.
- Casey McGehee was the only other Marlin to record a hit as he went 2-for-4 with a run scored.
5-6, 3.74 ERA, 1.23 WHIP
Koehler, 27, allowed two runs on four hits with three walks and eight strikeouts in seven innings getting the loss Staurday to the Mets. In three career games (one start) against the Phillies, Koehler is 0-1 with an 8.22 ERA and a 1.96 WHIP. In two career games (one start) at Citizens Bank Park, he is 0-1 with a 9.00 ERA and a 1.86 WHIP.
2-4, 2.76 ERA, 1.21 WHIP
Hamels, 30, allowed three runs (two earned) on five hits with five walks and eight strikeouts in 7.1 innings getting the loss Saturday against the Cardinals. In 30 career starts against the Marlins, Hamels is 9-12 with a 3.18 ERA and a 1.09 WHIP. In 126 career starts at Citizens Bank Park, he is 52-41 with a 3.31 ERA and a 1.10 WHIP.