Phillies v. Braves
Place: 5th in NL East
Last 10: 6-4
- Philadelphia is 1-35 when trailing after eight innings this season.
- However, they've done a good job of holding on to late leads going 26-3 when leading after eight innings.
- The Phillies are currently in the midst of playing 41 games in 41 days.
- Starters going deep into games has not exactly been a guaranteed victory for the Phillies as they are just 17-19 when the starter goes longer than six innings.
- Out-hitting an opponent seems to be key as Philadelphia is 24-9 when out-hitting opponents but 6-29 when getting outhit.
Place: 2nd in NL East
Last 10: 4-6
- The Braves are 1,079-1,014-14 all-time against the Phillies and 48-47 all-time at Citizens Bank Park.
- Atlanta is 8-10 over their 18 games and 12-17 over their last 29 since May 26th.
- Jason Heyward has reached base safely in 41 of his last 44 games games.
- Freddie Freeman has posted 23 multi-hit games this season
- B.J. Upton is five RBIs away from 500 in his career.
6-5, 2.41 ERA, 0.96 WHIP
Teheran, 24, allowed three runs on seven hits with two walks and 10 strikeouts in seven innings in a 3-0 loss to the Nationals on Saturday. In six career games (five starts) against the Phillies, Teheran is 2-2 with a 3.28 ERA and a 0.79 WHIP. In two career starts at Citizens Bank Park, he is 1-1 with a 1.98 ERA and a 0.66 WHIP.
3-7, 4.20 ERA, 1.35 WHIP
Kendrick, 29, allowed five runs on eight hits with a walk and two strikeouts in six innings in a loss to the Cardinals on Sunday. In 22 career games (16 starts) against the Braves, Kendrick is 8-2 with a 3.23 ERA and a 1.30 WHIP. In 105 games (88 starts) at Citizens Bank Park, he is 35-33 with a 4.31 ERA and a 1.36 WHIP.