Phillies v. Braves
Place: 5th in NL East
Last 10: 6-4
- Philadelphia is 1-36 when trailing after eight innings this season.
- However, they've done a good job of holding on to late leads going 26-3 when leading after eight innings.
- The Phillies are currently in the midst of playing 41 games in 41 days.
- Starters going deep into games has not exactly been a guaranteed victory for the Phillies as they are just 17-20 when the starter goes longer than six innings.
- Out-hitting an opponent seems to be key as Philadelphia is 24-9 when out-hitting opponents but 6-30 when getting outhit.
- Ben Revere had a great day at the plate going 3-for-4 with a triple, a run scored and his 22nd stolen base of the year.
- Marlon Byrd went 1-for-3 with an RBI single in the fourth inning.
- Chase Utley scored the only other Phillies run tonight going 1-for-3.
Place: 2nd in NL East
Last 10: 4-6
- The Braves are 1,080-1,014-14 all-time against the Phillies and 49-47 all-time at Citizens Bank Park.
- Atlanta is 9-10 over their 19 games and 13-17 over their last 30 since May 26th.
- Jason Heyward has reached base safely in 42 of his last 45 games games.
- Freddie Freeman has posted 24 multi-hit games this season.
- Freeman was the Braves offense last night going 3-for-5 with a double, a home run and all four Atlanta RBIs.
- Andrelton Simmons went 1-for-4 with a walk and two runs scored.
- B.J. Upton had ripped a single and scored a run.
- Upton is five RBIs away from 500 in his career.
- Gerald Laird and Justin Upton both had a good game going 1-for-3.
- Chris Johnson and Dan Uggla both went 1-for-4.
5-5, 4.15 ERA, 1.30 WHIP
Santana, 31, allowed three runs on six hits with a walk and nine strikeouts in six innings in a loss to the Nationals on Sunday. In three career starts against the Phillies, Santana is 1-1 with a 1.89 ERA and a 1.11 WHIP. In two career starts at Citizens Bank Park, he is 1-0 with a 0.69 ERA and a 0.77 WHIP.
3-6, 4.41 ERA, 1.51 WHIP
Hernandez, 33, allowed two runs on three hits with three walks and six strikeouts in six innings getting the loss on Monday to the Marlins. In three career starts against the Braves, Hernandez is 2-0 with a 4.26 ERA and a 1.58 WHIP. In 11 career games (nine starts) at Citizens Bank Park, he is 1-5 with a 3.76 ERA and a 1.44 WHIP.