Phillies v. Braves
Place: 5th in NL East
Last 10: 6-4
- Philadelphia is 1-37 when trailing after eight innings this season.
- However, they've done a good job of holding on to late leads going 26-3 when leading after eight innings.
- The Phillies are currently in the midst of playing 41 games in 41 days.
- Starters going deep into games has not exactly been a guaranteed victory for the Phillies as they are just 17-21 when the starter goes longer than six innings.
- Out-hitting an opponent seems to be key as Philadelphia is 24-10 when out-hitting opponents but 6-30 when getting outhit.
- Ryan Howard drove in the Phillies first run of the game going 1-for-4 with an RBI.
- Howard had two errors in the fourth inning which is when the Braves put up two unearned runs on the Phillies
- Tony Gwynn Jr. snapped an 0-for-23 streak with his triple in the first inning. He had a great day at the plate going 2-for-3 with a triple and a run scored.
- Ben Revere had a multi-hit game going 2-for-5 with a double.
Place: 2nd in NL East
Last 10: 4-6
- The Braves are 1,080-1,014-14 all-time against the Phillies and 49-47 all-time at Citizens Bank Park.
- Atlanta is 9-10 over their 19 games and 13-17 over their last 30 since May 26th.
- Jason Heyward has reached base safely in 43 of his last 46 games games.
- Freddie Freeman has posted 24 multi-hit games this season.
- Freeman continues to pace the Braves offense going 0-for-2 with three walks and four runs scored.
- Justin Upton put forth a strong effort at the plate going 2-for-5 with a double, a run scored and three RBIs.
- Heyward had a good game despite not getting a hit with a walk and a run scored.
- Chris Johnson had himself a good day at the plate going 2-for-5 with a double, a run scored and two RBIs.
- Tommy La Stella hit a triple with the bases loaded then later scored a run.
2-2, 3.14 ERA, 1.34 WHIP
Hale, 26, is making his fifth start of the season and his first since April 26th. His last outing was on Sunday when he faced one batter. In three career games (one start) against the Phillies, Hale is 1-1 with a 4.00 ERA and a 1.78 WHIP. He has never pitched at Citizens Bank Park.
0-0, 0.00 ERA, 0.00 WHIP
O'Sullivan, 26, is making his first Major League start of the season. He is making his first career start against the Atlanta Braves and his first career start at Citizens Bank Park. He is 3-6 with a 4.31 ERA and a 1.36 WHIP in 15 starts for the Triple-A Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs.