Phillies v. Braves
Place: 5th in NL East
Last 10: 3-7
- Philadelphia is 1-38 when trailing after eight innings this season.
- However, they've done a good job of holding on to late leads going 26-3 when leading after eight innings.
- The Phillies are currently in the midst of playing 41 games in 41 days.
- Starters going deep into games has not exactly been a guaranteed victory for the Phillies as they are just 17-21 when the starter goes longer than six innings.
- Out-hitting an opponent seems to be key as Philadelphia is 24-10 when out-hitting opponents but 6-31 when getting outhit.
- Cameron Rupp had the best game at the plate for the Phillies going 2-for-4 with a double and a run scored.
- Jimmy Rollins drove in the Phillies only run with a sacrifice fly in the third inning. he was 0-for-3 on the night.
- Cesar Hernandez was on base twice going 1-for-3 with a walk.
- Ben Revere, Marlon Byrd and John Mayberry Jr. were all 1-for-4.
Place: 1st in NL East
Last 10: 7-3
- The Braves are 1,082-1,014-14 all-time against the Phillies and 51-47 all-time at Citizens Bank Park.
- Atlanta is 11-10 over their 21 games and 15-17 over their last 32 since May 26th.
- Jason Heyward has reached base safely in 43 of his last 47 games games.
- Freddie Freeman has posted 25 multi-hit games this season.
- Ryan Doumit had a great game for the Braves going 2-for-4 with a monster home run in the eighth inning and scored twice.
- Tommy La Stella again had a great day going 2-for-3 in the night cap with a walk, two doubles and two RBIs.
- Chris Johnson put up big numbers going 3-for-4 with a run scored and an RBI.
- Justin Upton went 2-for-5 with a run scored and an RBI.
- Freddie Freeman put together a two-hit night.
6-6, 3.78 ERA, 1.37 WHIP
Harang, 36, allowed two runs on six hits with two walks and five strikeouts in six innings on Tuesday in the win over the Astros. In 14 career games (13 starts) against the Phillies, Harang is 4-3 with a 5.47 ERA and a 1.63 WHIP. In seven career games (six starts) at Citizens Bank Park, he is 3-1 with a 4.38 ERA and a 1.64 WHIP.
4-3, 4.79 ERA, 1.31 WHIP
Buchanan, 25, allowed two runs on six hits with four walks and two strikeouts getting the win Tuesday against the Marlins. He has won three straight starts after losing three straight. Buchanan has never faced the Braves. In four career starts at Citizens Bank Park, he is 3-1 with a 4.15 ERA and 1.43 WHIP.