Phillies @ Marlins
Place: 5th in NL East
Last 10: 2-8
- Philadelphia is 1-40 when trailing after eight innings this season.
- However, they've done a good job of holding on to late leads going 26-3 when leading after eight innings.
- Starters going deep into games has not exactly been a guaranteed victory for the Phillies as they are just 18-21 when the starter goes longer than six innings.
- Out-hitting an opponent seems to be key as Philadelphia is 25-11 when out-hitting opponents but 6-32 when getting outhit.
- Since June 21st, the Phillies sport the worst batting average in the majors with runners in scoring position batting .135 (12-for-89).
- Jimmy Rollins had a strong game, despite his teammates, going 2-for-4 with his 15th stolen base of the season.
- Ben Revere put together another multi-hit night going 2-for-4.
- Ryan Howard was the only other Phillie to record a hit going 1-for-3 with a single and a walk.
Place: 3rd in NL East
Last 10: 4-6
- The Marlins are 158-194 all-time against the Phillies but 13-10 all-time against Philadelphia at Marlins Park.
- Miami is happy to see June end as they lost five games that went 13 innings or longer and have played 13 extra-inning games on the season.
- Home was a great place for the Marlins in the beginning of the season starting 20-7 at Marlins Park but they have gone just 7-14 at home since May 24th.
- The Marlins are just 18-21 against National League East opponents.
- Ed Lucas had another good game for Miami going 2-for-4 with a double, a stolen base, an RBI and a run scored.
- Casey McGehee was a force at the plate going 2-for-3 with a walk, a double, an RBI and a run scored.
- Jarrod Saltalamacchia only had one hit but made it count with his two-run home run in the eighth inning.
- Jeff Baker added a multi-hit night of his own going 2-for-3 with a double.
3-8, 4.22 ERA, 1.35 WHIP
Kendrick, 29, allowed four runs on nine hits with two walks and eight strikeouts in eight innings of work in Friday's loss to the Braves. In 23 career games (18 starts) against the Marlins, Kendrick is 12-3 with a 3.75 ERA and a 1.29 WHIP. In two career starts at Marlins Park, he is 1-1 with a 4.26 ERA and a 1.11 WHIP.
0-1, 6.38 ERA, 1.79 WHIP
Hand, 24, last pitched on May 24th allowing two runs on three hits with three strikeouts in two innings of work against the Brewers. In four career games (two starts) against the Phillies, Hand is 1-1 with a 4.15 ERA and a 1.54 WHIP. In 12 career games (two starts) at Marlins Park, he is 0-1 with a 4.21 ERA and a 1.40 WHIP.