Phillies @ Brewers
Place: 5th in NL East
Last 10: 1-9
- Philadelphia is 2-43 when trailing after eight innings this season.
- However, they've done a good job of holding on to late leads going 26-3 when leading after eight innings.
- Starters going deep into games has not exactly been a guaranteed victory for the Phillies as they are just 19-21 when the starter goes longer than six innings.
- Out-hitting an opponent seems to be key as Philadelphia is 25-11 when out-hitting opponents but 7-35 when getting outhit.
- Since June 21st, the Phillies sport the worst batting average in the majors with runners in scoring position batting .148 (16-for-108).
- The Phillies have been held to five or fewer runs in 12 straight games and in 17 of their last 18 games overall.
- Philadelphia has lost 14 of their last 18 games against National League Central opponents.
Place: 1st in NL Central
Last 10: 5-5
- The Brewers are 50-64 all-time against the Phillies but are 3-0 against Philadelphia this season after going 5-2 last season.
- Milwaukee has won each of their last six games against the Phillies, tied for the longest winning streak over the Phillies in franchise history.
- The Brewers enter the series with the Phillies coming off a 1-4 road trip but still boast the best record in the National League.
- Milwaukee is 16-13 in the first game of a series and 6-4 on Mondays this season.
- Miller Park has been good to the Brewers so far this season as they are 24-18 at home while going 8-5-1 in their home series this season.
- The Brewers are virtual locks when leading after eight innings as they boast a 43-1 record.
2-5, 2.98 ERA, 1.22 WHIP
Hamels, 30, allowed three runs on five hits with four walks and three strikeouts in five innings in Wednesday's loss to the Marlins. In 11 career starts against the Brewers, Hamels is 6-3 with a 3.93 ERA and a 1.15 WHIP. In six career starts at Miller Park, he is 3-1 with a 4.12 ERA and a 1.15 WHIP.
7-5, 4.94 ERA, 1.25 WHIP
Estrada, 31, allowed two runs on six hits with a walk and two strikeouts in six innings in Tuesday's loss to the Blue Jays. In nine career games (three starts) against the Phillies, Estrada is 1-0 with a 6.33 ERA and a 1.88 WHIP. In 60 career games (33 starts) at Miller Park, he is 12-11 with a 4.08 ERA and a 1.13 WHIP.