Phillies v. Diamondbacks
Place: 5th in NL East
Last 10: 3-7
- Scoring first has been big for the Phillies as they are 30-17 when getting on the board first but just 15-39 when allowing the opponent to score first.
- Philadelphia is 2-47 when trailing after eight innings this season.
- However, they've done a good job of holding on to late leads going 35-4 when leading after eight innings.
- Starters going deep into games has not exactly been a guaranteed victory for the Phillies as they are just 25-24 when the starter goes longer than six innings.
- Out-hitting an opponent seems to be key as Philadelphia is 32-14 when out-hitting opponents but 8-38 when getting outhit.
- The Phillies have the best second-half record in the National League over the last 10 years going 425-309.
- Philadelphia has the best second-half record in Major League Baseball since 2008 going 252-185.
Place: 4th in NL West
Last 10: 5-5
- Arizona has won four of their last seven games and are 5-4 over their last nine.
- The Diamondbacks are 3-14 in their last 17 visits to Citizens Bank Park and are just 10-22 all-time at the ballpark.
- Arizona is 54-60 all-time against the Phillies, including a 1-3 record this season.
- When leading after eight innings, the Diamondbacks are almost unbeatable going 35-2.
- On the other hand, Arizona is just 3-52 when trailing after eight innings.
8-5, 3.64 ERA, 1.24 WHIP
Collmenter, 28, allowed one run on four hits with a walk and four strikeouts in seven innings in Sunday's win over the Cubs. In seven career games (three starts) against the Phillies, Collmenter is 1-2 with a 3.70 ERA and a 1.40 WHIP. In three career games (one starts) at Citizens Bank Park, he is 0-1 with a 2.89 ERA and a 2.04 WHIP.
4-5, 3.67 ERA, 1.36 WHIP
Lee, 35, allowed six runs on 12 hits with a walk and three strikeouts in 5.2 innings in Monday's return from the disabled list against the Giants. In seven career starts against the Diamondbacks, Lee is 4-1 with a 3.12 ERA and a 1.02 WHIP. In 58 career starts at Citizens Bank Park, he is 24-20 with a 2.81 ERA and a 1.08 WHIP.