Phillies @ Mets
Place: 5th in NL East
Last 10: 3-7
- Scoring first has been big for the Phillies as they are 31-17 when getting on the board first but just 15-40 when allowing the opponent to score first.
- Philadelphia is 2-47 when trailing after eight innings this season.
- However, they've done a good job of holding on to late leads going 36-4 when leading after eight innings.
- Starters going deep into games has not exactly been a guaranteed victory for the Phillies as they are just 26-24 when the starter goes longer than six innings.
- Out-hitting an opponent seems to be key as Philadelphia is 32-15 when out-hitting opponents but 9-38 when getting outhit.
- The Phillies have the best second-half record in the National League over the last 10 years going 426-310.
- Philadelphia has the best second-half record in Major League Baseball since 2008 going 253-186.
Place: 4th in NL East
Last 10: 5-5
- New York kicks off a seven-game homestand with the Phillies.
- The Mets are second in the majors in first inning runs with 66, trailing only Milwaukee's 69.
- New York has won four of their last six games and 12 of their last 18.
- The Phillies have been a welcomed sight for the Mets as New York has won six of their last nine games against the Phillies.
- The Mets are 13-8 in the month of July. Their 13 wins are tied with the Pirates and Nationals for the most in the National League.
- New York is 17-10 in David Wright's last 27 starts. He has 19 RBIs over his last 29 games.
6-9, 3.86 ERA, 1.34 WHIP
Burnett, 37, threw eight shutout innings Wednesday against the Giants allowing four hits and four walks with six strikeouts getting the no-decision. In 21 career games against the Mets, Burnett is 5-6 with a 3.55 ERA and a 1.17 WHIP. In one career start at Citi Field, he threw seven shutout innings allowing just one hit with 10 strikeouts.
9-8, 4.03 ERA, 1.15 WHIP
Colon, 41, allowed two runs on three hits with a walk and five strikeouts in 7.1 innings in Wednesday's win over the Mariners. In six career starts against the Phillies, Colon is 2-2 with a 4.26 ERA and a 1.42 WHIP. In nine career starts at Citi Field, he is 5-4 with a 2.54 ERA and a 0.99 WHIP.