Phillies @ Mets
Place: 5th in NL East
Last 10: 4-6
- Scoring first has been big for the Phillies as they are 32-17 when getting on the board first but just 15-41 when allowing the opponent to score first.
- Philadelphia is 2-48 when trailing after eight innings this season.
- However, they've done a good job of holding on to late leads going 37-4 when leading after eight innings.
- Starters going deep into games has not exactly been a guaranteed victory for the Phillies as they are just 27-24 when the starter goes longer than six innings.
- Out-hitting an opponent seems to be key as Philadelphia is 32-16 when out-hitting opponents but 9-38 when getting outhit.
- The Phillies have the best second-half record in the National League over the last 10 years going 427-311.
- Philadelphia has the best second-half record in Major League Baseball since 2008 going 254-187.
- Chase Utley only had one hit but made it count hitting his first grand slam since 2010.
- Ben Revere had another solid night at the plate going 2-for-4 with a double and a run scored.
- Jimmy Rollins was on base twice going 1-for-4 with a solo home run, a walk, an RBI and two runs scored.
- Grady Sizemore hit a solo home run, his first as a Phillie.
- Domonic Brown ripped a single and scored a run.
- The only other Phillie to record a hit was Carlos Ruiz.
Place: 4th in NL East
Last 10: 5-5
- New York kicks off a seven-game homestand with the Phillies.
- The Mets are first in the majors in first inning runs with 70, one ahead of Milwaukee's 69.
- New York has won five of their last eight games and 13 of their last 20.
- The Phillies have been a welcomed sight for the Mets as New York has won seven of their last 11 games against the Phillies.
- The Mets are 14-9 in the month of July. Their 14 wins are second to the Pirates who have the most in the National League with 15.
- New York is 18-11 in David Wright's last 29 starts. He has 19 RBIs over his last 31 games.
- Curtis Granderson put up a two-hit game going 2-for-4.
- Eric Campbell also went 2-for-4.
- David Wright had the only extra-base hit for New York with a going 1-for-4 with a double.
- Juan Lagares and Wilmer Flores both went 1-for-3 on the night.
5-10, 4.87 ERA, 1.35 WHIP
Kendrick, 29, allowed three runs on six hits with a walk and five strikeouts in 5.2 innings of work in Friday's win over the Diamondbacks. In 24 career games (18 starts) against the Mets, Kendrick is 8-8 with a 3.71 ERA and a 1.44 WHIP. In nine career games (seven starts) at Citi Field, he is 4-2 with a 3.31 ERA and a 1.20 WHIP.
5-8, 3.64 ERA, 1.33 WHIP
Wheeler, 24, allowed two runs (one earned) on three hits with two walks and nine strikeouts in 6.2 innings of work last against the Brewers. In three career starts against the Phillies, Wheeler is 1-1 with a 2.55 ERA and a 1.08 WHIP. In 16 career starts at Citi Field, he is 4-8 with a 4.48 ERA and a 1.46 WHIP.