Phillies v. Braves
Place: 3rd in NL East
Last 10: 6-6
- The Phillies are coming off their first sweep of the season over the weekend against the Marlins.
- Chase Utley has started the season with a 10-game hit streak and has seven multi-hit games so far this season. Overall the Phillies second baseman is batting .500/.565/.875 on the season.
- Tony Gwynn Jr. makes his fourth consecutive start for the Phillies.
- The Phillies rank second in baseball in on base percentage at .354 and rank third in batting average hitting .276.
Place: 1st in NL East
Last 10: 8-4
- The Braves enter the series having won three straight games.
- Atlanta posted 33 hits against the Washington Nationals in their three-game series while scoring 23 total runs.
- The Braves took 11 of the 19 games with the Phillies last season putting up 4.9 runs per game.
- B.J. Upton has reached base safely in five of his last seven games.
1-0, 0.00 ERA, 0.38 WHIP
Santana, 31, was phenomenal in his Braves debut last Wednesday against the Mets allowing just three hits and no walks over eight shutout innings while striking out six. In two career starts against the Phillies, Santana is 1-0 with a 2.25 ERA and a 1.17 WHIP. In one start at Citizens Bank Park, Sanata allowed one run (no earned) over seven innings to earn the victory.
1-0, 4.35 ERA, 1.16 WHIP
Hernandez, 33, allowed four runs (three earned) on seven hits over five innings of work Wednesday against the Brewers. He earned the no-decision but the Phillies went on to lose 9-4. In one career start against the Braves, Hernandez allowed two runs on five hits over seven innings to get the win. In two career starts at Citizens Bank Park, Hernandez is 0-1 with a 8.00 ERA and a 1.89 WHIP.