Phillies v. Braves
Place: 4th in NL East
Last 10: 4-6
- Chase Utley had his hit streak snapped last night going 0-for-4 including making the final out.
- Jimmy Rollins went 1-for-4 with his third stolen base of the season.
- Ryan Howard and Carlos Ruiz both went 1-for-3.
- The Phillies did not have an extra-base hit last night.
- The Phillies went 0-for-2 with runners in scoring position and left three runners on base.
Place: 1st in NL East
Last 10: 7-3
- Evan Gattis continued to torch the Phillies going 4-for-4 with a solo home run.
- Chris Johnson went 3-for-4 on the night.
- B.J. Upton, Freddie Freeman, Dan Uggla and Andrelton Simmons all went 1-for-4.
- Upton stole his fourth base of the year.
- The Braves went 0-for-7 with runners in scoring position and left 10 men on base.
2-1, 1.89 ERA, 1.11 WHIP
Wood, 23, pitched well on Saturday allowing just one run on six hits with three walks and eight strikeouts in five innings against the Nationals for his second win of the season. In seven career games (two starts) against the Phillies, Wood is 1-0 with a 3.86 ERA and a 1.43 WHIP. In four career games (two starts) at Citizens Bank Park, Wood is 1-0 with a 4.38 ERA and a 1.46 WHIP.
0-1, 3.94 ERA, 1.94 WHIP
Burnett, 37, had an up and down for the Phillies last Friday night allowing just two runs on five hits with six walks and four strikeouts in 4.1 innings of work against the Marlins. He was pulled after 106 pitches. In 21 career games (20 starts) against the Braves, Burnett is 5-12 with a 4.14 ERA and a 1.45 WHIP. In nine career games (eight starts) at Citizens Bank Park, Burnett is 3-3 with a 4.66 ERA and a 1.45 WHIP.