Phillies @ Padres
Place: 5th in NL East
Last 10: 4-6
- The Phillies have enjoyed success against the NL West as they are 16-14 against them this season and need just one win over the final three games of their series against the Padres to ensure their seventh consecutive winning season against the division.
- Petco Park has been particularly kind to the Phillies as they are 26-8 all-time at the Padres' ballpark while outscoring the Padres 151-95 in that span.
- Four or more runs is the key to success for the Phillies as they are 53-23 when scoring four or more but just 16-58 when scoring three or fewer runs.
- Holding leads has been a strength of the Phillies going 54-5 when leading after eight innings but coming back has proved difficult going 4-66 when trailing entering the ninth inning.
- The Phillies are 11-11 on Tuesday nights this season.
Place: 3rd in NL West
Last 10: 3-7
- The Padres are 202-253 all-time against the Phillies and 105-95 all-time in San Diego but just 8-26 at Petco Park.
- Petco Park as a whole has been good to the Padres as they have gone 463-419 at the park since it opened in 2004.
- San Diego has won 22 of their last 30 games at home dating back to June 29th.
- The Padres are 29-19 in one-run games this season leading Major League Baseball.
- Leading entering the ninth is a virtual win for the Padres as they are 54-1 in those games but just 5-72 when trailing after eight innings.
- San Diego is 10-13 on Tuesdays this season.
8-16, 4.34 ERA, 1.38 WHIP
Burnett, 37, allowed four runs on six hits with three walks and seven strikeouts in seven innings of work in Thursday's loss to the Pirates. In 10 career starts against the Padres, Burnett is 3-6 with a 4.05 ERA and a 1.49 WHIP. In three career starts at Petco Park, he is 1-1 with a 4.19 ERA and a 1.76 WHIP.
10-13, 3.77 ERA, 1.32 WHIP
Kennedy, 29, allowed three runs on 10 hits with a walk and five strikeouts in six innings in Wednesday's loss to the Dodgers. In six career starts against the Phillies, Kennedy is 2-2 with a 3.15 ERA and a 1.00 WHIP. In 27 career starts at Petco Park, he is 11-8 with a 3.28 ERA and a 1.23 WHIP.