Phillies @ Rockies
Place: 5th in NL East
Last 10: 4-6
- The Phillies are 11-1-1 in their last 13 series against the Rockies.
- Jimmy Rollins went 2-for-4 and drove in the Phillies only run on a ground out in the eighth inning.
- Cody Asche went 1-for-3 with the Phillies only run scored.
- The Phillies have not had an extra-base hit since Domonic Brown's home run in the eighth inning on Monday night.
- It is the first time since 1968 the Phillies have gone four consecutive games without an extra-base hit. They are the first team in MLB to go four straight games since the 1993 Florida Marlins.
- Jake Diekman threw a perfect eighth inning with two strikeouts.
- Philadelphia went 0-for-4 with runners in scoring position and left five runners on base.
Place: 3rd in NL West
Last 10: 6-4
- The Rockies are 11-30 in their last 41 games against the Phillies since 2008.
- Justin Morneau went 1-for-3 with a two-run home run in the fourth inning last night. He had the only extra-base hit of the night.
- Nolan Arenado went 1-for-3 with a controversial run scored in the third inning.
- Charlie Blackmon went 1-for-4 with his fifth stolen base of the year.
- The Rockies went 0-for-4 with runners in scoring position and left three runners on base.
1-0, 3.86 ERA, 1.35 WHIP
Hernandez, 33, allowed just two runs on four hits with six walks and three strikeouts over six innings against the Braves on Monday. He got the no-decision but the Phillies lost 9-6. In one career start against the Rockies, Hernandez allowed seven runs on nine hits with two walks and no strikeouts in 4.2 innings to get the loss. He has never pitched at Coors Field.
2-0, 3.50 ERA, 1.22 WHIP
Nicasio, 27, allowed two runs on six hits with a walk and three strikeouts in six innings of work on Tuesday against the Padres to earn his second win of the year. In two career starts against the Phillies, Nicasio is 0-0 with a 4.36 ERA and a 1.50 WHIP. In 30 career starts at Coors Field, he is 11-7 with a 4.92 ERA and a 1.38 WHIP.