Phillies @ Rockies
Place: 4th in NL East
Last 10: 4-6
- Chase Utley is 17-for-34 over his last nine games and is batting .462/.517/.769 overall this season.
- Centerfielder Ben Revere snapped an 0-for-11 streak over his previous five games yesterday against the Braves going 3-for-4 and driving in the game's only run in the eighth inning.
- The Phillies have gone two consecutive games without a base hit and are 1-1 in that span.
- Philadelphia is 30-9 against the Rockies since the beginning of the 2008 season.
- The Phillies starters have allowed two earned runs or less in six straight starts at Coors Field while the team is 4-2 in those games.
Place: 3rd in NL West
Last 10: 5-5
- The Rockies are coming off a four-game split with division rival San Diego.
- Colorado wrapped a seven-game road trip going 3-4 with three games in San Francisco and four in San Diego.
- The Rockies hit just .217 with runners in scoring position over their seven-game road trip.
- Colorado's pitching has been sub-par this season ranking 27th in the Majors in ERA at 4.47 and 24th in batting average at .262.
- What has carried the Rockies early-on this season is their hitting. They rank first in the Majors in batting average at .286, second in on-base percentage at .339, second in slugging percentage at .441 and their 82 runs rank fourth in all of baseball.
0-0, 1.80 ERA, 1.80 WHIP
Pettibone, 23, allowed two runs (one earned) on eight hits with a walk and five strikeouts in five innings of work getting the no-decision in the Phillies' 5-4 victory over the Marlins on Saturday. In one career start against the Rockies, Pettibone allowed seven runs (six earned) on 10 hits over three innings of work getting the loss. That start was at Coors Field.
0-0, 6.00 ERA, 1.00 WHIP
Chatwood, 24, allowed four runs on six hits with no walks and six strikeouts in his season debut on Sunday against the Giants. He earned the no-decision but the Rockies went on to lose 5-4. In two career starts against the Phillies, Chatwood is 1-0 with a 3.60 ERA and a 1.70 WHIP. In 20 career games (16 starts) at Coors Field, he is 9-4 with a 3.98 ERA and a 1.50 WHIP.