Phillies @ Padres
Place: 5th in NL East
Last 10: 4-6
- The Phillies have enjoyed success against the NL West as they are 17-15 against them this season and have ensured their seventh consecutive winning season against the division.
- Petco Park has been particularly kind to the Phillies as they are 27-9 all-time at the Padres' ballpark while outscoring the Padres 156-100 in that span.
- Four or more runs is the key to success for the Phillies as they are 54-24 when scoring four or more but just 16-59 when scoring three or fewer runs.
- Holding leads has been a strength of the Phillies going 55-5 when leading after eight innings but coming back has proved difficult going 4-67 when trailing entering the ninth inning.
- Darin Ruf had a great game for the Phillies starting at first base going 2-for-4 with a double and two runs scored.
- Freddy Galvis once again was a run-producer going 1-for-4 with two RBIs and a run scored.
- Ben Revere had a big night for the Phillies going 2-for-5 with a double, two RBIs and his 46th stolen base of the season.
- Dom Brown went 2-for-4 with a run scored.
- Carlos Ruiz had a solid game going 1-for-3 with a run scored and an RBI.
Place: 3rd in NL West
Last 10: 3-7
- The Padres are 203-254 all-time against the Phillies and 106-96 all-time in San Diego but just 9-27 at Petco Park.
- Petco Park as a whole has been good to the Padres as they have gone 464-420 at the park since it opened in 2004.
- San Diego has won 23 of their last 32 games at home dating back to June 29th.
- The Padres are 30-19 in one-run games this season leading Major League Baseball.
- Leading entering the ninth is a virtual win for the Padres as they are 55-1 in those games but just 5-73 when trailing after eight innings.
- Cameron Maybin was the guy for the Padres going 2-for-3 with a walk, an RBI and a run scored.
- Alexi Amarista drove in the only other run for the Padres going 1-for-4.
- Tommy Medica had a multi-hit night going 2-for-4 with a run scored.
- Yangervis Solarte was 2-for-4 with a double at the top of the Padres order.
- Jedd Gyorko also added a double for San Diego.
9-12, 4.72 ERA, 1.35 WHIP
Kendrick, 30, allowed one run on seven hits with a walk and six strikeouts in 6.1 innings in Saturday's win over the Marlins. In six career games (five starts) against the Padres, Kendrick is 4-1 with a 3.86 ERA and a 1.32 WHIP. In three career games (two starts) at Petco Park, he is 2-1 with a 5.68 ERA and a 1.42 WHIP.
3-4, 4.89 ERA, 1.35 WHIP
Erlin, 23, last appeared in a game for the Padres on September 7th against the Rockies allowing three runs on five hits with a no walks or strikeouts in two innings out of the bullpen. In one career game against the Phillies, Erlin allowed three runs on four hits in 6.1 innings. In 10 career games (nine starts) at Petco Park, he is 3-2 with a 2.50 ERA and a 0.95 WHIP.