Phillies @ Marlins
Place: 5th in NL East
Last 10: 4-6
- The Phillies have posted a 11-6 record in their last 17 games against the National League East after going going 13-28 against the division between May 11th and August 9th.
- Philadelphia is currently 32-38 against the NL East overall this season and are one loss away from guaranteeing their third-consecutive losing season in the division.
- The Phillies have fallen 20.5 games behind the division-leading Washington Nationals.
- Philadelphia has posted a 9-11 record in the month of September after going 14-13 in August.
- Holding onto late leads has been a strength of the Phillies going 56-5 when leading after eight innings but they are just 4-69 when trailing after eight.
- Scoring first has shown to be a good sign for Philadelphia as they are 46-26 when getting on the board first but just 25-59 when falling behind.
- The Phillies have posted a 11-12 record on Tuesdays this season.
Place: 4th in NL East
Last 10: 3-7
- The Marlins are 7-9 against the Phillies this season but 4-2 against them at Marlins Park.
- Miami has fared well against Philadelphia in South Florida as they are 91-85 all-time against the Phillies in Miami, including a 13-11 mark at Marlins Park. However, they are 159-197 overall against the Phillies.
- The Marlins lead the National League in runs after the seventh inning with 235.
- Clutch hitting has been the key for the Marlins as they have gone hitless with runners in scoring position just three times in their last 29 games dating back to August 21st.
- Miami is 7-10 all-time on September 23rd.
9-7, 2.47 ERA, 1.18 WHIP
Hamels, 30, allowed one run on seven hits with a walk and nine strikeouts in seven innings in Wednesday's win over the Padres. In 33 career starts against the Marlins, Hamels is 9-13 with 3.19 ERA and a 1.11 WHIP. In eight career starts at Marlins Park, he is 2-3 with a 2.55 ERA and a 1.13 WHIP.
11-6, 2.82 ERA, 1.24 WHIP
Alvarez, allowed two runs on eight hits with two walks and four strikeouts in six innings in Wednesday's win over the Mets. In six career starts against the Phillies, Alvarez is 1-1 with a 1.99 ERA and a 1.30 WHIP. In 22 career starts at Marlins Park, he is 9-7 with a 2.57 ERA and a 1.09 WHIP.