Phillies v. Braves
Place: 5th in NL East
Last 10: 4-6
- The Phillies have posted a 13-8 record in their last 21 games against the National League East after going going 13-28 against the division between May 11th and August 9th.
- Philadelphia is currently 34-40 against the NL East overall this season and have guaranteed their third-consecutive losing season in the division.
- The Phillies have fallen 21 games behind the division-leading Washington Nationals.
- Philadelphia has posted a 11-13 record in the month of September after going 14-13 in August.
- Holding onto late leads has been a strength of the Phillies going 58-5 when leading after eight innings but they are just 4-71 when trailing after eight.
- Scoring first has shown to be a good sign for Philadelphia as they are 47-27 when getting on the board first but just 26-60 when falling behind.
Place: 2nd in NL East
Last 10: 2-8
- The Braves are currently skidding. They are a Major League-worst 5-18 in the month of September and have now fallen into a tie with the New York Mets for second place in the National League East.
- Atlanta has been held to two or fewer runs in 63 games this season including 12 of their last 18 games. They are 8-55 in those games.
- The Braves are 17 games out of first place in the NL East. The last time they were this far back was in 2008 when they finished 72-90 and finished 20 games back of the Phillies.
- Atlanta has posted 109 quality starts this season, leading the Majors.
- It is the first time since 2003 the Braves have ended their season in Philadelphia. Prior to 2003, the last time the Braves ended their season in Philadelphia was 1993 when they lost Game 6 of the NLCS to Philadelphia.
- Chris Johnson blasted a big-time two-run home run to left field which stretched the Braves lead to 4-0.
- Freddie Freeman had a strong game going 2-for-4 with a double and an RBI.
- Jason Heyward went 1-for-4 with a double and a run scored.
- Justin Upton was 1-for-4 on the night and recorded the only other RBI of the night for the Braves.
- Ramiro Pena had a good night at the plate going 1-for-4 with a double and an RBI.
- B.J. Upton was on base twice tonight going 1-for-3 with a double and a walk.
11-12, 3.60 ERA, 1.40 WHIP
Harang, 36, allowed one run on four hits with two walks and seven strikeouts in seven innings in Monday's loss to the Pirates. In 16 career games (15 starts) against the Phillies, Harang is 5-3 with a 4.88 ERA and a 1.63 WHIP. In eight career games (seven starts) at Citizens Bank Park, he is 4-1 with a 4.11 ERA and a 1.67 WHIP.
8-17, 4.57 ERA, 1.42 WHIP
Burnett, 37, allowed six runs on three hits with six walks and three strikeouts in 4.1 innings getting the no-decision in Sunday's loss to the Athletics. In 23 career games (22 starts) against the Braves, Burnett is 5-13 with a 4.17 ERA and a 1.45 WHIP. In 23 career games (22 starts) at Citizens Bank Park, he is 7-10 with a 3.90 ERA and a 1.30 WHIP.