Phillies @ Dodgers
Place: 5th in NL East
Last 10: 5-5
- The Phillies are 13-8 in their last 21 games in Los Angeles including the postseason.
- Over their last 21 games at Dodger Stadium, the Phillies are outscoring the Dodgers 98-69 with a 3.10 team ERA.
- Since the beginning of the 2008 season, the Phillies are 122-78 (.610) against the National League West which is the best winning percentage among all National league teams.
- Playing away from home has not been too kind to the Phillies pitching staff as they a combined ERA of 5.52 with the starters boasting a 5.82 ERA and the bullpen posting a 4.91 ERA in their nine road games.
- The Phillies are 5-1 when outhitting an opponent but 2-8 when getting outhit.
Place: 1st in NL West
Last 10: 6-4
- The Dodgers starters are 5-0 with a 1.33 ERA over their last nine games allowing just eight earned runs.
- Los Angeles won five of their seven games against the Phillies last year including three of their four at Dodger Stadium
- The Dodgers have held the Phillies to just four runs over their last four games.
- Adrian Gonzalez has a 15-game hitting streak entering Monday night.
- Hanley Ramirez is 1-for-13 since being hit by a pitch against the Giants but is 8-for-16 with three home runs against Phillies starter Cliff Lee.
2-2, 4.00 ERA, 1.56 WHIP
Lee, 35, was spectacular last Wednesday night allowing just one run on 11 hits with a walk and 13 strikeouts throwing a complete game but getting the loss against the Braves. In seven career starts against the Dodgers, Lee is 2-2 with a 1.70 ERA and a 0.83 WHIP. In four career starts at Dodger Stadium, he is 1-0 with a 1.48 ERA and a 0.76 WHIP.
0-1, 4.97 ERA, 1.50 ERA
Maholm, 31, was strong Wednesday against the Giants allowed one run on five hits with three walks and two strikeouts over six innings getting the no-decision in the 2-1 loss. He has allowed two runs in his last three starts. In 12 career games against the Phillies, Maholm is 5-3 with a 4.63 ERA and a 1.49 WHIP. In five career games at Dodger Stadium, Maholm is 0-3 with a 5.40 ERA and a 1.71 WHIP.