Phillies @ Dodgers
Place: 5th in NL East
Last 10: 5-5
- The Phillies are 14-8 in their last 22 games in Los Angeles including the postseason.
- Ryan Howard continued to rake going 2-for-5 with a two-run home run in the fifth inning.
- Carlos Ruiz went 3-for-4 with a home run in the ninth inning, two doubles and his first four RBIs of the season.
- Chase Utley went 1-for-5 with a double in the ninth inning and scored on Ruiz's home run.
- The Phillies went 2-for-9 with runners in scoring position and left eight men on base.
Place: 1st in NL West
Last 10: 6-4
- Adrian Gonzalez extended his hitting streak to 16 games last night going 1-for-4 with two strikeouts.
- The Dodgers only mustered four hits all night against the Phillies.
- Los Angeles did not record an extra-base hit and walked just once all night coming off Jeff Manship in the ninth inning.
- The Dodgers went 1-for-2 with runners in scoring position and left four runners on base.
0-1, 2.74 ERA, 1.57 WHIP
Burnett, 37, dazzled on Thursday threw seven shutout inning against the Braves allowing three hits with two walks and five strikeouts getting the no-decision in the Phillies 1-0 victory. In 10 career starts against the Dodgers, Burnett is 4-4 with a 3.73 ERA and a 1.32 WHIP. In five career starts at Dodger Stadium, he is 1-4 with a 4.15 ERA and a 1.58 WHIP.
3-1, 1.93 ERA, 1.00 WHIP
Ryu, 26, has thrown seven shutout innings with just one walk in back-to-back starts against the Diamonbacks and the Giants getting the win in both. In one career start against the Phillies, Ryu allowed two runs on seven hits over seven innings getting the no-decision. In 16 career starts at Dodger Stadium, Ryu is 7-5 with a 2.82 ERA and a 1.26 WHIP.