Final: Giants 9 - Phillies 6
Losing Pitcher: Jeff Manship (1-2) - 2.0 IP, 5 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, 1 K
Save: Tim Lincecum (1)
- Ben Revere had a strong game in his return to the leadoff spot for the Phillies going 3-for-6 with two runs scored and two stolen bases.
- Jimmy Rollins put forth another good game at the plate going 2-for-5 with a home run, two walks, two RBIs and two runs scored.
- Marlon Byrd added another extra-base hit going 1-for-6 with a double, a walk and two RBIs.
- Chase Utley went 2-for-6 with a walk and an RBI.
- Ryan Howard was on base three times tonight going 2-for-6 with a walk and two runs scored.
- The home run Jonathan Papelbon surrendered in the top of the ninth inning that allowed San Francisco to tie the game was his first home run, and just the third extra-base hit, allowed this season.
- The Phillies went 4-for-15 with runners in scoring position and left 11 men on base.
- Hunter Pence continued to cause havoc at the top of the order for the Giants going 3-for-8 with a solo home run and two runs scored.
- Pablo Sandoval had a strong game after an injury scare in the bottom of the first inning. He went 2-for-6 with a double and an RBI.
- Buster Posey had a strong game at the plate going 4-for-7 with a double and the game-tying solo home run in the top of the ninth. He scored two runs on the night.
- Gregor Blanco was another Giant who ripped a double going 1-for-5 with a double, two walks and two runs scored.
- Shortstop Brandon Crawford went 2-for-6 with a bases-clearing double in the 14th inning that plates three runs. Overall he put up four RBIs and scored a run of his own.
- The Giants went 4-for-10 with runners in scoring position and left eight runners on base.
- The game took 5:46 to complete and there were a total of 507 pitches thrown.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports