Final: Giants 3 - Phillies 1
Losing Pitcher: Jonathan Papelbon (2-2) - 1.0 IP, 1 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
Save: Santiago Casilla (7)
- Ben Revere had two more hits tonight going 2-for-4 and was picked off by Giants starter Madison Bumgarner.
- Carlos Ruiz had a strong return for the Phillies going 2-for-4 with a double.
- Jimmy Rollins ripped a one-out double in the bottom of the ninth inning and was driven in by Marlon Byrd.
- Byrd went 1-for-4 with an RBI single in the bottom of the ninth.
- The only other Phillie to record a hit was Dom Brown who went 1-for-3.
- Aided by two walks, Jonathan Papelbon allowed three runs in the top of the ninth inning.
- A.J. Burnett threw eight shutout innings, including waiting through a 59 minute rain delay, allowing four hits, four walks and six strikeouts.
- Burnett needed 131 pitches to get through his eight innings, the most he has thrown since he threw 132 on July 27, 2002 against the Montreal Expos.
- The Phillies went 1-for-6 with runners in scoring position and left four men on base.
- Once again Hunter Pence with the big hit for the Giants. His two-out, three-run double in the top of the ninth gave San Francisco a 3-0 lead. He was 1-for-4 with a double, a walk, a stolen base and three RBIs on the night.
- Brandon Crawford was 0-for-2 on the night with two walks, a stolen base and a run scored.
- Pablo Sandoval went 1-for-3 at the plate and was hit by a pitch.
- Ehire Adrianza added another hit tonight and was caught stealing at second.
- Madison Bumgarner threw eight shutout innings allowing five hits with no walks and six strikeouts while throwing just 93 pitches.
- Bumgarner also went 1-for-3 at the plate.
- The Giants went 1-for-6 with runners in scoring position and left eight runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports