Final: Giants 5 - Phillies 2
Losing Pitcher: David Buchanan (6-7) - 6.2 IP, 9 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
Save: Santiago Casilla (10)
- Ben Revere notched three more hits today going 3-for-5 and raising his average to .314.
- Revere also stole his 35th base of the season.
- Cody Asche had a strong game going 3-for-3 with a walk and an RBI.
- Chase Utley ripped an RBI triple in the first inning.
- Marlon Byrd went 1-for-3 with a run scored and he was hit by a pitch.
- Grady Sizemore's only hit of the game was a double in the third inning.
- Jimmy Rollins was 0-for-4 with three strikeouts but walked once and scored a run on the play.
- The Phillies went 1-for-7 with runners in scoring position and left 10 men on base.
- Mike Morse had a great game at the plate for the Giants going 3-for-3 with two runs scored.
- Gregor Blanco, who came in for Morse, was 1-for-1 with a double - the only extra-base hit of the game for San Francisco.
- Andrew Susac did well at the plate going 2-for-3 with a walk, an RBI and a run scored.
- Brandon Crawford was 1-for-3 on the day with two RBIs.
- Joe Panik had a multi-hit game going 2-for-4 with a run scored.
- The Giants went 4-for-16 with runners in scoring position and left nine runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports