Final: Dodgers 5 - Phillies 2
Losing Pitcher: Cole Hamels (0-1) - 6.0 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
Save: Kenley Jansen (8)
- Jimmy Rollins went 1-for-4 with a double and a run scored.
- Chase Utley hit his 10th double of the season going 1-for-4.
- Jayson Nix hit his first home run with the Phillies in his only a-bat of the night with his solo shot in the eighth inning.
- Ryan Howard went 1-for-3 with a walk and an RBI.
- Cole Hamels looked solid in his first start of the season allowing two runs on six hits with one walk and five strikeouts in six innings of work.
- Hamels also went 1-for-2 at the plate.
- The Phillies bullpen allowed three runs on six hits in two innings of work.
- The Phillies went 1-for-3 with runners in scoring position and left four men on base.
- Hanley Ramirez went 2-for-4 with a double and a solo home run in the bottom of the eighth inning.
- Yasiel Puig went 2-for-4 with a triple and two RBIs.
- Scott Van Slyke had a strong game at the plate going 2-for-4 with a double and a run scored.
- Matt Kemp went 2-for-4 with two doubles and a run scored
- Zack Greinke has now allowed two or fewer earned runs in 17 consecutive starts which is the longest streak since 1900.
- Greinke also did it at the plate going 1-for-2 with a walk, a double and a run scored.
- The Dodgers went 4-for-12 with runners in scoring position and left seven runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports