Final: Phillies 4 - Brewers 1
Losing Pitcher: Kyle Lohse (9-4) - 8.0 IP, 7 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 0 BB, 8 K
Save: Jonathan Papelbon (22)
- Chase Utley delivered again tonight for the Phillies going 2-for-4 with his eighth home run of the year to give the Phillies a 1-0 lead in the first inning.
- Jimmy Rollins came through in the clutch for Philadelphia with his two-out, two-run home run in the sixth inning to break a 1-1 tie.
- Cameron Rupp had a strong game behind the plate and went 2-for-3 at the dish with an RBI single and a run scored.
- Marlon Byrd was 1-for-4 with a run scored.
- Roberto Hernandez threw a season high eight innings allowing just one run on three hits.
- The Phillies went 2-for-6 with runners in scoring position and left three men on base.
- Lyle Overbay went 2-for-3 with an RBI single in the first inning that scored Aramis Ramirez.
- Ramirez was the only other Brewer to record a hit on the night.
- Kyle Lohse threw eight innings in the loss sparing the Milwaukee bullpen when threw 4.2 innings on Tuesday night.
- The Brewers went 1-for-5 with runners in scoring position and left four runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports