Final: Hurricanes 3 - Flyers 2
- Jiri Tlusty (CAR) - 1 G, 1 A, 1 SOG, Plus-1
- Nathan Gerbe (CAR) - 1 G, 0 A, 4 SOG, Plus-1
- Claude Giroux (PHI) - 1 G, 1 A, 2 SOG, 21:03 TOI
- The Hurricanes got on the board first on a beautiful wrist-shot by Alexander Semin that beat Steve Mason.
- In the second period, the Flyers tried to get the puck back to the point but it went right through Luke Schenn's legs and Nathan Gerbe beat Schenn to the puck. Gerbe went in all alone on Mason and beat him on a gorgeous between-the-legs shot to put Carolina up 2-0.
- The Flyers would respond with just over 34 seconds remaining in the period when Claude Giroux's backhand when off Anton Khudobin and into the net to make it 2-1.
- The Flyers would tie it in the third when Wayne Simmonds' shot in front was stopped but Scott Hartnell put home the rebound for his 12th of the year on the power play.
- With just over six minutes remaining, Braydon Coburn broke his stick and Jake Voracek gave him his stick. With Voracek without a stick at the point, Andrej Sekera was able to blast a shot from the point that was stopped by Mason but the juicy rebound bounced right to Jiri Tlusty who beat Mason to give Carolina a 3-2 lead.
- Carolina out-shot Philadelphia 32-24, including 16-9 in the third period.
- The Flyers went 1-for-2 on the power play while the Hurricanes were 0-for-2 on the man advantage.
- With his assist, Simmonds now has at least one point in 15 of the last 18 games with 12 goals and 11 assists over the span.
- The regulation loss snaps the Flyers four-game point streak.
- The Flyers are 21-4-4 over their last 29 games against the Hurricanes.
- It is Carolina's first season series victory over the Flyers since the 2005-06 season.
- Claude Giroux has nine goals and 16 assists in his last 19 games.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports