Final: Phillies 7 - Nationals 2
Losing Pitcher: Tanner Roark (2-1) - 4.0 IP, 7 H, 7 R, 7 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
- Jimmy Rollins had a big night at the plate going 4-for-5 with two runs scored.
- Ryan Howard went 1-for-4 with a three-run home run in the first inning.
- Marlon Byrd had a solid game going 2-for-4 with a double and two RBIs.
- Cody Asche went 1-for-4 with a solo home run in the second inning.
- Carlos Ruiz drove in a run going 1-for-4 with a double and an RBI.
- Domonic Brown also had a double going 1-for-4 with a run scored.
- The Phillies went 3-for-12 with runners in scoring position and left eight men on base.
- Adam LaRoche paced the Nationals offense going 2-for-2 with a solo home run, a double and a walk.
- Jayson Werth's nine-game hitting streak came to an end going 0-for-4.
- Ian Desmond was the only other Washington regular with a hit going 1-for-3 with a walk.
- Zach Walters hit a pinch-hit home run for the Nationals in the seventh.
- The Nationals went 1-for-9 with runners in scoring position and left six runners on base.
- The losing team in each of the first two games of the series went 1-for-9 with runners in scoring position and each team left six runners on base.
The Phillies get back at it Sunday against the Nationals at 3:05 pm at Citizens Bank Park. Roberto Hernandez is slated to start for the Phillies.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports