Final: Nationals 10 - Phillies 3
Losing Pitcher: Kyle Kendrick (4-9) - 5.2 IP, 5 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 0 BB, 5 K
- Cody Asche had a great game for the Phillies bouncing back from his four-strikeout night on Saturday. Asche was 2-for-4 with two doubles and an RBI.
- Asche now has a nine-game hitting-streak.
- Grady Sizemore went 1-for-4 with a run scored.
- Ryan Howard was 0-for-3 on the day with a walk, a run scored and an RBI.
- Ben Revere continues to raise his average going 1-for-3.
- Jimmy Rollins recorded a hit on the day.
- Kyle Kendrick has allowed 26 runs (24 earned) in the first inning this season and boasts an 11.37 ERA in the first inning in his 19 starts.
- The Phillies went 1-for-12 with runners in scoring position and left five men on base.
- Jayson Werth continued to torch his former team as he went 2-for-3 with a walk, a home run, two runs scored and four RBIs.
- Anthony Rendon had a great game at the plate going 3-for-5 with a double, an RBI and three runs scored.
- Ryan Zimmerman got hold of one in the eighth inning for a solo home run and he also hit a sacrifice fly.
- Ian Desmond ripped a two-run double and scored a run.
- Denard Span also added two hits for Washington.
- The Nationals went 6-for-7 with runners in scoring position and left three runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports